DAVIDO 7 YEARS OF CONSISTENCY CAN’T BE STOPPED ! WATCH HIS NEW VIDEO – FALL
I won’t bore you with a long essay or post about this young man as he needs no introduction.
Regardless, I won’t also go without saying this boy has been the most consistent pop artist out of Nigeria in the past 7 years.
WATCH HIS NEW VIDEO – FALL !
“After The Video below is a summary of why he has been the most consistent in the last 7 years.”
Since he came out of the gates in 2011 with his official single , Back When. David Adeleke has been an unstoppable force within the Afropop scene for the last 7years.
Contributed massively to the standout tunes of your radio, Tv, homes, clubs,cars, parties and events in the last 7years.
ONE OF A KIND
OWO NI KOKO
COOLEST KID IN AFRICA
Effective Collaborations that resulted into Major sounds & hits of the last 7 years
Carolina by Sauce kid & davido
Daddy Mi by Reminisce & davido
Shoki Remix by LilKesh & davido
Gallardo by Runtown & davido
Holiday by Tekno & Davido
Osinachi by Humblesmith & Davido
Number One by Diamond Platinum & Davido
Biko – Davido & Lola Rae
Investing (empowering) in new creatives and making his platform accessible to new talents in the Last 7 Years
- Here is a man who created his own record label from 2011 with his elder brother, Chairman Adeleke.
- Dropped his debut album, with several hit singles after proving he is not just a one hit wonder but an artist to reckon with.
- In 2016, he got signed to Sony International/RCA records whilst also creating his own record label DMW (Davido Music Worldwide) in a smart move to retain his creative rights and protect his african market.
- Davido dropped an extended play titled the son of mercy late 2016 containing some of his best experimental sounds till date. Every track on that EP was different and rich enough to stand alone as a single.
- Major companies like MTN , PEPSI have signed him on as a brand ambassador for year after year due to his influence on the pop culture scene in africa.
- Davido has been touring the continent of africa , europe and america non-stop since he launched his career. Name the country and stadiums in africa davido hasn’t touched ?
- This year in the UK , davido performed to 19,000 fans at the wembley arena alongside other african artist at the one africa show. Not forgetting he did the thing 2016 at the barclay centre in brooklyn new york alongside household names like swizz beatz and Seun Kuti .
- One thing I have learned about the boy over the year is the unmatchable work ethic and the need to stay relevance in his core market , Africa .
- Davido understands his core fan base . He knows pleasing his core fan base is the number one priority no matter how far he travels away from the shores or experiment with new sounds.
- I have actually lost count of the awards , chart list and landmark recognitions the young man has acquired over the last 7years. Im sure you get the gist.
Davido is not just an artist , he is a philanthropist with a major impact on the pop culture scene in the last 7 years. He has used his fame , money and influence to empowered not one or two artist via brand collaborations or signing them on his own imprint .
He is undoubtedly the number 1 african pop artist in my opinion. His style is africa ,and he embodies the pop culture .Omo baba olowo grows with every track and understands the business of making music for his core consumers in Africa. He is the ultimate poster boy for afropop music. Take your hats off to the man .